Fix-it Fairs are free, community-based events where you can get items repaired for free.
Fix-it Fairs are 3-hour events held at various sites throughout Tacoma, with the intention of making them accessible to all.
At these events, community members bring items that need to be fixed for free, such as: jewelry, crockery, clothing, small appliances, furniture, toys and electronics.
UPCOMING FIX-IT FAIRS
June 23, 2018
1-3 pm @ People’s Community Center
1602 MLK Jr Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
Benefits of Fix-it fair Tacoma
- Repair your stuff - bring your broken items and get them repaired by skilled fixers
- Community building - Meet and chat your neighbors, connect with contractors for help with home projects
- Family friendly - Children are welcome, enjoy games, food and books
- Waste reduction - Instead of throwing it away, give your item new life by getting it repaired
- Learning opportunities - apprenticeships, community resources/information
What you can bring to a Fix-It Fair:
Most items are welcome for free repair. We specialize in mendable clothing, lamps, small appliances, computers, electronics, sewing machines, toys, and outdoor equipment.
We can repair up to two items per visit (if there is time at the end of a fair, more items can be repaired)
You must be present during the repair.
There is no assurance an item can be repaired, or that attending to fix it won’t break it even more.
Please only bring items small enough to be easily carried in by one person.
Do not bring any items that are leaking, dangerous, contain gasoline, or have a strong odor.
Clothing and other textiles that you bring in for mending should be washed first.
If your item needs a part, save time and bring the new part with you.